Public Services


Parkland Animal Control Shelter - 780.968.8888 ext. 8281

Edmonton Humane Society - 780.471.1774

Westview Health Centre (Stony Plain Hospital) - 780.968.3600
4405 South Park Drive, Stony Plain, Alberta  T7Z 2M

Police, Medical, or Fire Emergencies: 9-1-1

Snow Removal Services

Village of Spring Lake's Public Works Department - 780-963-4211

Please ensure that any personal property (vehicles, equipment, decor, or garbage totes) is removed from roadways for snow-clearing purposes during the winter season.

Vehicles and equipment parked on public roadways may be ticketed and/or towed. The Village is NOT responsible for damages that may occur to private property left on public roadways during snow clearing and road maintenance.

Enforcement Services

The Village of Spring Lake is contracted with Parkland County Enforcement Services. RCMP and Peace Officer Roles provide safety and freedom to enjoy our community through the enforcement of:

• Provincial Statues (e.g., Traffic Safety Act, Gaming and Liquor Act, etc.)

• Municipal Bylaws (e.g., Fireworks, Noise, Animal Control, etc.)

Village Administration encourages all residents to become familiar with the municipality’s bylaws, which are available under the "Council" tab at the top of the page, or by calling the Village Office at 780.963.4211. If you have a question for Parkland County Enforcement Services or need to report an incident, please call them at 780.968.8400

** For more information, click the link for the Parkland County Enforcement Services Website.

Waste Collection Services

Garbage and Recycling services For the Village of Spring Lake are provided by
GFL Environmental Inc. 

Garbage Schedule - Winter & Summer Schedules are as follows:
Winter Garbage Collection Schedule is from November 6th, 2023 to April 31, 2024.
Summer Garbage Collection Schedule is from May 1st, to November 5th. 

Blue Bag collection remains biweekly during the Winter, but garbage collection will be every Monday, for the Summer Season.

* Residents can obtain an extra garbage tote for pick-up services from the Village Office. This extra service has a one-time refundable $100 deposit for the tote and costs $165 per year for the service. You may return your tote, undamaged, for a refund of your tote deposit, if at any time you wish to discontinue the extra pick-up service.

** For more information, go to the page.

Public Works Department
Tony Siegel, Public Works Manager - 780-963-4211

Public Works Employees perform a variety of manual labor and maintenance duties including maintenance of roadside and other village-owned property. They handle public signage for the letterboards, litter pick-up, grass and brush cutting, cleaning windfall debris, tree planting, trimming, and removal. Other duties include minor construction, repair projects, and general upkeep of village-owned facilities, recreational structures, and parks along with other labor work assigned by the supervisor.

Employment Opportunity: Every Summer, Spring Lake hires Students to help out with the Public Works Department.

** Click here for more information on employment opportunities.

Superior Safety Codes

Developing & Building

A Development Permit must be applied for before obtaining any Safety Code Permits necessary for new construction, additions, decks, demolition, and excavation (HOLDING TANKS & CISTERNS). This permit is to ensure that your project or home occupation conforms to the Village’s Land Use Bylaw, including proper setbacks from property lines, etc.

Our Development Officer, Tony Sonnleitner, can be reached at 780.718.5479. A Real Property Report, showing the location of existing buildings and the proposed development must be submitted when applying. Application fees must accompany all Development Applications.

Safety Code Permits including electrical, plumbing, building, etc. must be obtained from Superior Safety Codes before beginning your project. You must apply for these permits to ensure that your project is safe and conforms to safety code regulations and must be obtained before commencing work. Permit forms and information can be found on or they are available at the Village Office.

Version 5.3
Site Map | Login | Powered By: Techweavers Inc.