In the Village of Spring Lake
Free FireSmart Home Assessments
Parkland County is now offering free FireSmart Home Assessments to residents of Parkland County, including the Village of Spring Lake, and other Summer Villages.
County residents can get a free FireSmart Home Assessment to learn how to protect their homes from wildfires. Each assessment takes about 30-45 minutes, and it's important that you're there too.
Our FireSmart experts will:
1. Tour the outside of your house and yard for things that increase your risk during a wildfire.
2. Provide a customized report based on what they see with actions on how to reduce the risk of damage by wildfire.
3. Share helpful tips to make your home less susceptible to wildfires.
If you've completed the suggested safety improvements in the report, you can ask for another assessment later if you wish.
Visit Parkland County - Free FireSmart Home Assessments for more information!
FIRE SMART PROGRAM
The Council for the Village of Spring Lake would like to promote the Fire Smart Program to the Residents of Spring Lake.
Please take the time to review the Fire Smart Manual.
Alberta Emergency Alert App: To Recieve Alerts
Q: Why is Alberta Emergency Alert important to me?
A: Alerts received at the right time can help keep you safe during an emergency. With Alberta Emergency Alert,
warnings can be sent to your mobile device when you may be in harm's way.
Q: What is an Alberta Emergency Alert message?
A: Alberta Emergency Alert is an emergency message sent by authorized government alerting authorities through
radio, television, social media, and your mobile device.
Q: What types of alerts will I receive?
- Critical Alerts: Provides necessary information when there is an immediate and life-threatening danger.
- Informational Alerts: Provides less urgent emergency information to the public, preparing them for potentially worsening situations. These alerts should be used to protect and prepare the public, their property, their animals and/or the environment from the impacts of a potential emergency.
- Test Alerts: System testing in progress
Click the link: Emergency Alert Alberta
Municipal Emergency Management
The Municipal Emergency Management Bylaw #327 was passed in the Village of Spring Lake on November 9, 2010. The Village of Spring Lake is working towards more current policies and procedures in the event of a Disaster or Emergency within our municipality. One small step towards being prepared is encouraging residents to be PREPARED. Following is a link below to the "Emergency Preparedness Guide" produced by Public Safety Canada. Please take the time to prepare your family.